PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and their environment, today announced that it has purchased the assets of GE Healthcare`s 3H and 14C Catalog Radiochemicals, Scintillation Proximity Assay (SPA) reagents and Cytostar-T plate product lines.
The Catalog Radiochemical products are used for a variety of research applications, including screening of potential drug candidates through binding assays. The SPA bead-based light-emitting assay and Cytostar-T plate technologies are offerings that enable the automation of High Throughput Screening (HTS) processes, to help drug discovery researchers quickly and ccurately determine if potential new drug compounds are effective against their intended disease targets.
GE Healthcare will be working closely with PerkinElmer to ensure a smooth transition of its manufacturing and technical support activities and to minimize disruption for customers during the transition period.
Richard M. Eglen, PhD, president, Bio-discovery, PerkinElmer, said, “PerkinElmer is delighted to announce this enhancement to our reagents assets. We expect that the incorporation of these technologies will strengthen our industry-leading GPCR and Kinase research product lines, and complement our HTS and research
reagent solutions. This asset purchase reinforces PerkinElmer’s continued position as the leading company in HTS radiochemicals and related instruments, as we remain committed to supporting critical radiochemicals-based research.”
As a result of this asset purchase, PerkinElmer will now provide the world`s largest selection of high-quality radiolabeled compounds to the global scientific community. In addition, the company plans to continue to expand its
NEN radiochemical portfolio, as well as offer its extensive lines of readers, nuclear counters and other high-performance instrumentation that provide customers with complete application solutions in radiometric detection. For more information, please visit: www.perkinelmer.com/committedtorads.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2 billion in 2008, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Factors Affecting Future Performance
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, statements relating to estimates and projections of future earnings per
share, cash flow and revenue growth and other financial results, developments relating to our customers and end-markets, and plans concerning business development opportunities. Words such as “believes,” “intends,” “anticipates,”
“plans,” “expects,” “projects,” “forecasts,” “will” and similar expressions, and references to guidance, are intended to identify forward-looking statements.
Such statements are based on management’s current assumptions and expectations and no assurances can be given that our assumptions or expectations will prove to be correct. A number of important risk factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results described, implied or projected in any forward-looking statements. These factors include, without limitation:
(1) markets into which we sell our products decline or do not grow as anticipated;
(2) global economic, political and other risks; (3) our failure to introduce new products in a timely manner; (4) our ability to execute acquisitions and license technologies, or to successfully integrate acquired businesses and licensed
technologies into our existing business or to make them profitable;
(5) our failure to adequately protect our intellectual property;
(6) the loss of any of our licenses or licensed rights; (7) our ability to compete effectively;
(8) fluctuation in our quarterly operating results and our ability to adjust our operations to address unexpected changes;
(9) significant disruption in third-party package delivery and import/export services or significant increases
in prices for those services;
(10) disruptions in the supply of raw materials, key components and supplies; (11) the manufacture and sale of products may expose us to product liability claims;
(12) our failure to maintain compliance with applicable government regulations; (13) regulatory changes; (14) our
failure to comply with health care industry regulations;
(15) economic, political and other risks associated with foreign operations;
(16) our ability to retain key personnel; (17) significant disruption in our information
technology systems or the failure to successfully implement new systems; (18)
restrictions in our credit agreements; (19) our ability to realize the full
value of our intangible assets; (20) significant fluctuations in our stock
price; (21) dividends we pay on our stock could be reduced or eliminated in the
future; and (22) other factors which we describe under the caption “Risk
Factors” in our most recent annual report on Form 10-K and in our other filings
with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We disclaim any intention or
obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of developments
occurring after the date of this press release.
Mario Fante, 781-663-5602
Copyright Business Wire 2009